Tri-color Heron

Another from that 2017 trip. This one from a well known birding area on North Padre Island.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 421 mm, hand held, f/7.1, 1/400, iso 1250, aperture priority, -1/3 EV. Processed in LR & PS CC. Canvas added top and right to give it just a bit more room, darkened one area of the background that was distractingly light, minor adjustments to the heron. Taken March 25, 2017 and processed this morning.

Hi Dennis! This is a beautiful portrait with excellent detail. The background works very well with the bird’s colors. I love the intensity of it’s stare.

A beautiful portrait of this Heron, Dennis. He seems in deep thought, and not paying you much attention.

He knows he’s a handsome dude and you showed him off nicely, Dennis. Good detail and he gave you a nice pose.

I agree with the other comments, Dennis. This is an amazing portrait of this Heron. My only other thought, is that maybe someday, I’ll be able to get a shot like this. Very nicely done.

Excellent detail against a complementary background.

Very nice. Lots of detail and a nice background. Comp. works well. If anything, I’d consider backing off on any sharpening you may have applied to the bird.

Comp is nice for this portrait… nice details and IQ. It seems a tad dark to me.

Hi Dennis, looks great to me. Fine details and tones. well done.

Just lovely! I’m in agreement with Lyle on the sharpening. Colors and detail are wonderful. I’m familiar with that place and really enjoyed the access to fairly close shots there last year.

Really nice Dennis. I like those matching tones in bg. Nice pose as well. I might lighten the bird a bit also. Looks like a good trip.

Hi Dennis
I just wanted say, you did vary nice job on this photograph.
Peter