Tri-colored Heron with fish

A Tri-colored Heron catches a fish at Ding Darling NWR.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600 C, monopod
ISO 800, f6.3, 1/1600s

@allensparks.wildlife
1 Like

Beautiful image! It looks so serene and peaceful (not for the fish!) , I love the water movement. By any chance is this the full image? I was wondering if you had the full reflection of the bird with the fish, if so, I thought that would look pretty neat. But it’s an amazing photo as is!

Allen, such a great image. I hope you have some wall space left for this one. For me, I’m okay with not having quite all of the reflection, since it is quite distorted from the ripples in the water. You captured wonderful details in the bird as well as the tiny fish. The bubbles in the water are a nice addition. Great shot. :+1: :+1:

Another beauty, Allen. The tiny fish is super cute. I also like the way the bubbles help tell the story.

Gorgeous!!! Great IQ and the bubbles in the water are such great icing on the cake!!!

Beautiful colors and detail. I like the composition and agree with Shirley on reasons not to include the reflection. Lovely!

Really well done Allen. Good job on the colors and as mentioned bubbles add a lot. Excellent pose c/w prey item.