Green heron with fish

Seen this morning at my neighborhood lake.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 640, f9, 1/1000s, hand held

@allensparks.wildlife
2 Likes

My favorite little guys. They stand statue-still forever then !wham! they strike and this one came up a winner. Sorry fish.

Great details like the water droplets on the face and crisp feathers. I wish ours were as tolerant of people, but they’re wicked shy. You could try cloning out the plant farthest on the left. The ones around the bird add to the scene, but that one doesn’t IMO. Terrific action shot!

Hi Allen
It must be nice to have the neighborhood lake and a Green Heron to photograph. You shot this at a nice low angle and the Heron’s color detail and action are very good. The Heron’s morning snack and great eye contact are plusses.
Nice work.
Peter

Excellent, Allen. Great pose from the heron with good eye contact and the fish is a nice bonus.

Oh, my, Allen. The detail in the Green Heron, the pose he is giving you, and then, the fish in his beak! What a shot. You are so fortunate that they are hanging out at the neighborhood pond. Great shot! :+1: :+1:

I can only echo the rest, Allen, i.e. an excellent image and slightly envious about having such a nearby location :wink: … But then, even if the possibility is there, you still need to make the shot yourself, you did a great job ! Cheers, Hans

I agree with Hans. Opportunity met execution here. Terrific capture.

Excellent capture – for both of you! The heron stands out nicely in a very natural setting. I agree with @Kris_Smith about that one piece of vegetation.

Very nice capture of this Heron, Allen! Clarity and colors are excellent and the fish is a nice little bonus! I can’t really suggest any improvements.