Twas the night before Christmas

Description:

The image was exposed using the natural light from a distant flood light. Photoshop was used for the soft effect and the blue tone.

Specific Feedback Requested:

all comments are appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I like the idea of this more than the execution. Both the cyan and the softness treatments look a little overdone to me. Some crispness would give us something to concentrate attention around. The vignette looks a bit forced as well, but that may have been a result of the spotlight. Great seeing the potential in it though. Soft snow on trees is always a draw.

James, the soft filter gives this a nice dreamy feeling. That touch of dreamy is enhanced by the artificial light/nighttime environment. I do think the vignette is too strong, especially with the darkness along the bottom

Very interesting treatment, and I think the original capture has a lot of potential for several kinds of interpretation. For this one, which I do find very interesting, I’d only suggest a slightly less strong vignette.