Two expanses of rock

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Mostly I want to know if it’s interesting or not.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

This consists of two photos of rock walls, found nearby in the desert, combined in Photoshop.

Technical Details

Not applicable.

Specific Feedback

Aesthetic feedback wanted. There was no concept here except to follow where this combination of images led.

Definitely interesting!! And very nicely done! Strange as it may seem, it evokes the feeling of rocks at the bottom of a slowly-flowing stream. I keep staring at it and waiting for the top layer to animate.

Other than that, no suggestions!

Diane, I understand why you might think of water. Now that you mention it, so do I. Thanks.

Yes Don, very interesting for sure! It looks like crumbled up tissue paper that one uses for gift bags. I’d have to check the histogram but it looks like it could use a bump in exposure. I like the colors especially the blues.

You folks are seeing things here that I didn’t see. That’s a good thing.

I like this very much. The colors go to there nicely and arranged effectively. The shapes and texture also make an interesting arrangement. Cubism comes to mind. The warm bright cubes and supported by the surrounding cooler shapes and lines. All of which is balanced and harmonious in my mind.

Thanks, Igor.