Water and rock

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I combined a photo of swiftly moving water in a stream with a photo of some rock with a lot of texture. That sounds simpler than it was. :slight_smile:

Technical Details

Not applicable. (Two images, two sets of answers.)

1 Like

Very interesting, Don. I like the effect. It looks like the rock layer predominates, but the water adds some really interesting effects that skew reality very nicely.

Thanks, Dennis. I can’t remember which layer predominates. As I think I’ve said, finding the right mix of the two layers is the tricky part.

PS: I forgot to mention that the “water” layer also has rocks in it, so it would look like rocks predominate here.

Nicely executed and created Don! This looks like marbled stone to me. The combination of moving water and rock works so well here. I’ll be careful to read the description next time. I’d like to keep the mystery. :grinning:

Very appealing. Nice combination. I like the juxtaposition of the soft, flowing water and the solid, immovable rock.

Alfredo, Chris, thank you. :slight_smile:

I ditto the kudos in the other comments. Your vision is most interesting to have thought up this composite. Any way you can deal with the green splotch in the URC that to me is a distraction?

Larry, I didn’t see your comment until now.

I had mixed emotions about the greenish area but you’ve convinced me to eliminate it. Thanks.