Two for the Price of One

Our day trip to the beach a couple of weeks ago gave me the opportunity to point my camera towards not one, but two bald eagles flying. It had been cloudy, but the sun started to break through some just as they came in my direction.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Composition work?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II, Canon 100-400 mm L lens, handheld, manual settings except ISO, auto), f6.3, 1/2500, ISO 320. Edited in LR and Topaz.
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Nice capture. I like that the wings are in opposite positions. I also like the fact the sky has some cloudiness in it rather than a pure blue sky.

1 Like

Shirley: Wonderful capture, especially with the wing positions and their relationship to each other. Did you instruct them to fly in a formation that put them on opposing thirds points :wink:? Top notch.:+1::+1:>=))>

1 Like

A nice sharp capture of these in-flight eagles, Shirley! The bit of clouds in the background really helps the scene. The only thing I can suggest would be to bump up the lower end of the luminance curve a bit. I’m sure you could coax out a little bit of feather detail in those deep, dark under-wing shadows.

1 Like

Shirley, great that you got both birds so sharp - well done! Background is nice too. A fine image.

1 Like

Shirley, This is really nice and I quite enjoy looking at it. A wonderful shot of these bald eagles.

1 Like