Two planes

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was looking for opportunities to combine reflections on the top of the stream with the rocks on the streambed. It’s a single exposure.

Specific Feedback

I’m not sure about anything here. One odd thing I’ve found is that the rocks under the water have what look like chromatic aberrations that can’t be fixed in the usual way. The aberrations don’t particularly bother me but they puzzle me.

Technical Details

ISO 100, 72 mm, f/16, 1.6 sec.

The chromatic aberration, if that’s what it is, is interesting. I’ve never noticed it in other photographs. @Mark Seaver might have some insight since he’s an optics expert in his non-photography life and he does a lot of pond photography.

In this one, I like the bottom half of the image where the stream-be rocks are more visible. The top half where the rocks are lost in the angle of the shot doesn’t do appeal to me as much.

Yeah, the top half is somewhat inert. That’s true of most of these reflection shots. It doesn’t bother me, though, and I don’t see any solution. Thanks for commenting, Dennis.