Unexpected

To capture snow in Monument Valley takes a bit of luck. Such it was with this particular morning. We awoke to this dreamlike scene, and were fortunate to enjoy this unexpected snow for most of the day, before it yielded to the desert sun.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcomed.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/80 sec, f16, ISO80, 21mm, Nikon D850

https://www.instagram.com/fritzrumpf/
2 Likes

This is quite a lovely scene Fritz! Did you also shoot some telephoto closeups? The only problem I have with this wide shot is, that the foreground draws the eye more than the background which is the real point of interest.

Fritz, this is a really nice image. You have found a nice foreground that makes the most out of the snow. Eventually could be tested to crop a smaller part of the sky that does not have any interesting clouds.

[quote=“j113, post:1, topic:19336, full:true”]

To capture snow in Monument Valley takes a bit of luck. Such it was with this particular morning. We awoke to this dreamlike scene, and were fortunate to enjoy this unexpected snow for most of the day, before it yielded to the desert sun.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcomed.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/80 sec, f16, ISO80, 21mm, Nikon D850

Version # 2

Sorry for taking this long to answer. Martin, I appreciate the compliments, and no, I did not do any close ups. As for the wide angle, I did intentionally make the foreground the focal point of the image; it is a rare occurrence to have snow here in the desert, and when we do get it, we really focus our attention and the camera on it :slight_smile:
Ola, I did crop some of the sky out as you had suggested; I do like that version, and it actually also brings some more attention to the back ground scene. Thank you both for your input!

1 Like

This is really well done. Very unique. Print it. Sell it…
I have no idea why this has been ignored…

Thank you, Dan. Much appreciated.