Uphill

In the dunes nearby. Hight 35 meter ! Like a mountain to me.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback welcome as always.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D850, F13, Iso 64, lens 24-70 at48mm.

2 Likes

I really like images like this but I’m never as successful in capturing them as you are. Good job. I would probably crop some from the right to eliminate the branch creepin in.

2 Likes

Ben,
This has a different look than I am used to seeing from some of your wonderful forest images. I like this very much. I like the shadows and contrast within this relatively neutral color palette. I agree with @Michael_Lowe with the suggested crop ot removal of the branch entering in the URC.

At first I said to myself, where are there hills or mountains in the Netherlands? But then I actually read your description that said “dunes”, wow those are some big dunes. You could have fooled me, they look like hills…

I like how the slope of the dune on the right adds a dynamic element to the composition, it helps to counterbalance the cluster of trees on the left. I would not crop anything away from the right, but I would suggest burning down the bright part of the URC. Your processing of the colors here is very appealing, it has wonderful earth tones. Nicely done Ben.

This is a very different, but still thoroughly enjoyable image from your usual forest scenes, Ben. The lighting is quite nice as are the earthtones in this scene. My only suggestion would be to clone out the limb creeping into the URC. This has a nice inviting feel to it.

Thank you for you comment, Ed. I myself liked that in creeping branch. To me it gave an extra, don’t ask me why.

Thank , Alan for liking my work.

Ed, the highest dune in my neighborhood is 50 meters. Again that is a mountain for us!The highest what we call a mountain is 322 meters hight, just on the border with germany and belgium The brighter part of the URC I just made brighter, it gave me a light to darker feeling,(balance). Thank’s for this positive comment.

Thank you Ed. I answered your brother about the limb. The beauty of photography so much is possible and for everyone different . Thank’s.