Uphill

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Hope to reach the top
In a great uphill desire
Will never make it

Specific Feedback

What about my B&W. Not my everyday work.

Technical Details

F4, 1/12800, iso 800, 24-120 at65mm

2 Likes

Well, as usual, the light in your image is beautiful. I like the B&W conversion too. Very nice depth in the image with the two large trees in the left part, at the slope.
Only nit for me: the upper branches of the left tree in the front are a bit grey. I’d like to add a bit of contrast with the sky. I made an attempt to darken them a bit.

Beautiful image!

Nicely done, Ben.

Ben, your shot here is like a snippet from a whimsical storybook. The interplay between the shadows and highlights creates a captivating contrast that really draws us in. The composition is thoughtful, with the standout tree placed just off-center, which gives a sense of movement and life to the frame. Great work Ben! HAIKU :clap:

Ben, this image is an example of the power of B&W, along with the strong movement of lines from the rays of light and the slope of the hill. I see what @Han_Schutten is talking about; it is certainly another option. However, I do like your original. Thanks for sharing this lovely image.

@Han_Schutten , @Don_Peters, @Saundie , @Barbara_Djordjevic . B&W is still a bit new to me.
About those branches, they fall just in the foggy aria of the image. For me it’s OK as they are. @Han_Schutten Still I like your contrast solution (dank je wel ).
Thank you all for your in-depth , nice comments
Ben

Beautiful image as usual Ben. I lowe the background that fades into the fog. For this reason I would get rid of long naked black branch of the subject that disturbs the emotive background if this is possible with the recent tools for cloning.
Have you reached the top of the hill?

For it not being your everyday work, you sure made an excellent go at it. Looks great to my eye as seen originally. I don’t feel the upper branches needed any adjustments. They are in the fog, so look quite natural.

First off, I love the haiku Ben. I know B&W is not your usual style, but it is just as captivating as you color work because the lighting is exceptional. I have no suggestions as I like this as presented. Beautifully done!

Beautiful Image. Great tone and simple beautiful peaceful image. Black and White works great.