"Veteran's Honor" Hybrid Tea Rose

A ten image focus stack, processed in Helicon Focus Pro. Photo was taken in April, 2017 and reprocessed with HF and Lightroom Classic CC (2018). This Summer and early Fall have been exceptionally poor for outdoor florals, so I am going through images taken in past years (focus stacks) looking for what I feel are outstanding presentations with up to date processing.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

There is a decided magenta cast in the lighter areas of the rose. I don’t think it detracts; besides it would be difficult to make any meaningful changes. I would like to know your thoughts on it, and any processing steps to make the change(s) if it would actually improve the image.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Nothing I can think of, but jump in if you want.

Any pertinent technical details:

Camera Info: Nikon D750, tripod, remote release
Lens: VR 180mm f/2.8G
Focus Mode: Manual
AF-Area Mode: Single
VR: OFF
Aperture: f/4
Shutter Speed: 1/50s
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp.: +0.3EV
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100
55% of full frame
PP in LR/PS CC 2018, Topaz Studio, TK luminosity masking and sharpen for web @ 30%

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Phil, you did a great job in keeping the right amount of “softness” despite the focus stuff. I would bring the right edge in a bit, for a more vertical composition with the rose closer to the right edge, but, as I always say, there is no right or wrong, just personal preference.