Water as Stained Glass (again)

Posting this again, as it has disappeared (my fault :roll_eyes:). Thanks to all who commented on the first post (@Ed_McGuirk, @linda_mellor, @Shirley_Freeman, and @jim11, IIRC - may have been others, too). That bit of red in the center is the reflection of a paintbrush flower on the bank.

This was in a spring-fed stream on Mt. Shasta. This version is a bit different, as I added a warm-toned vignette per @Dick_Knudson’s suggestion.

What technical feedback would you like if any? What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single frame, a73r, 24-105@105mm, f/16, 1/250s, ISO 800, hand held.

2 Likes

Fantastic abstract Bonnie. I love the clarity, colorful shapes, and radial symmetry.

I love this as well. I’ve seen these types of images before and each is different in some way. This one relies less on color than most and more on contrast and luminosity. Usually this subject reminds me of precious stones but this time I’m thinking of the cubist that created these wonderful scenes by combining small geometric objects in colorful ways. I see an explosion from the middle with that interesting center of browns and turquoise. Thanks for sharing.

I think it seems less bright in the middle which creates more balance and allows the eye to wander. Beautiful capture.

This is outstanding work Bonnie! The color and texture add interest throughout the frame. Nothing to critique here from my perspective. Simply fantastic!

Thank you, @Eva_McDermott, @CharlesV, @Igor_Doncov, and @Brian_Schrayer. :slightly_smiling_face:

One of my favorites. Feels a tad overexposed. The color here are fantastic.

1 Like

@Tony_Kuyper, thanks for your thoughts on these. I do agree that this one feels overexposed. It was the first one I worked on, and I’ve improved the processing on subsequent shots. I’ve been using your RGB-Lab action to maintain both the luminosity and richness of colors - works like a charm!

Bonnie: I’m really late to this party but it reminded me of images I’ve made of a similar scene. I like this a lot and I’m really OK with the exposure. One thing about an image like this is that it can never be duplicated, only imitated. Very nicely done. >=))>

1 Like