Water, snow and ice

Image:

Well, I’m not going to repost anything from last year, so this one is not on top of my list. But I like it.

Description:

During my trip to the Bavarian Forest in January I strolled a few hours along a small stream. Several ice structures, small and large, were created near the water sides and near rapids. This is one of them. Snow has covered the ice after the formation.
The image is almost monochrome and I also made a b&w version, but I prefer this one.

Specific Feedback Requested:

All comments welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Pentax K3 Mk.III, Sigma 4/100-300 @100mm (150mm FF eq.), f/16, 1/8sec, ISO200, tripod.
I don’t like flowing water too soft and “milky”, therefore I selected this shutter speed. The water was pretty fast flowing here.

It looks like the ice has formed on roots or branches. It has made great structures and textures. I also like how there is enough water movement without the milkiness you describe, which would look too artificial. Finally, the colour in the water at the bottom also preserves the naturalness of the scene, so I wouldn’t change this at all, though I might just darken the colour in the rock or moss in the middle of the left edge. Well spotted and taken, Han.