Waterfall in Spring

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does it look over edited? Is the top part with sky and trees too distracting?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

2 horizontal shots pano at 16mm

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@gregorjericphoto

2 Likes

Great Work Gregor, I like the composition with mossy rocks leading to the falls. For me the greens look a bit over cooked and it looks like you used an orton effect that is a tad strong for my taste. The sky isn’t too distracting to me and I like the glow coming from it as it seems to even out the brightness coming from the top of the frame.

Nice one, Gregor. The greens might be a little strong for some tastes, but I quite like them. Their glow gives the image a nice etheral, other worldly look. Reality is not always best. I also like the vignette around the edges.

Thanks @David_Nilsen and @Michael_Lowe for your feedback.

After sleeping on it I also think the greens were too heavy. Also reduced the orton a bit.

2 Likes

The rework hits the mark perfectly for me, Gregor. The greens look just right IMO and the light mist has imparted a nice air of mystery to this magical scene. This is being real nit picky, but if this were mine I would probably clone out the piece of wood toward the LRC as it catches my eye a little. This looks like something straight out of a fairy tale.

The rework is a substantial improvement Gregor. The use of strong shadows in your processing has significantly added to the sense of mystery in this image. The shadows do a better job of creating impact than the saturation did. My only nit would be to clone away the fallen log in the lower right corner. for me it is a minor distraction that breaks up the pattern of the mossy rocks.

Thanks @Ed_Lowe and @Ed_McGuirk!

I removed the wood and straighten the top trees where sky is with selective warp. Also did some minor cleanup.

Pure perfection on the last repost, Gregor!

I like the original and the rework, Gregor. The original had an ‘another world’ look to it. A fantasy world. The use of darks and glowing greens sort of makes this image for me. Nice work.