Monster Waterfall

This is a two shot blend of this 200ft. waterfall. One for the water and the other for tree movement.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

What a spectacular scene, Greg. Love the super lush greens. The highlighting on the moss covered boulders is exquisite. Composition and framing look good to me. Only suggestion would be to burn down the white water a bit in the lower right. I find my eye becoming fixed there.

Hi Greg,

Fantastic scene and I think you’ve balanced this well. I agree with Dave on the lower right.

I think I may need to get down there next spring!

This is a cool scene! I agree with the previous comments on the bottom right water being a bit bright. I would also extend that to the center left and right foliage and burn that down a bit (the left more so). Finally to me it looks like the waterfall in the background is tilted to the left a bit, so maybe rotating the image to the right by a few degrees might help? It’s definitely a winner otherwise, well done.

Thanks @Dave_Dillemuth, @Nathan_Klein, @Thorsten_Scheuermann for the input. I addressed the lower right by taking down the hi lights a touch but also brightened the waterfall a touch to rebalance the whites. Hopefully this looks better.

Come on down @Nathan_Klein. This waterfall was a notch up on the bushwhacking level. We had to do some actual bushwhacking.

Gorgeous waterfall and I really like the greens. I think the repost is spot on and the pp looks amazing.

Beautiful Greg, the repost nails it for me too.

Thanks @John_Williams, @Gary_Phillips. I appreciate you taking a look. Glad you liked it.

Absolutely gorgeous capture, Greg, and excellent composition. Your revision is a grand improvement. The only suggestion I might add would be to open up the blocked shadows among the rocks a bit. The shadows in the trees look excellent as does the saturation and colors. Well done!!

Thanks @Bill_Chambers I appreciate the feedback and will take a look at it.