Waterfall - Shannon Falls BC Canada

Description:

Shannon Falls - BC. Taken 2 weeks ago. I thought the light and framing was kinda good.

Specific Feedback Requested:

• constructive criticism.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

long exposure. No editing

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ardemphotography

1 Like

Darn right. The light has a beaming quality that makes this image feel very light. Even though the highlights are blown out in a few places it does not seem to hamper the image. The tree on the left doesn’t really hurt the image. Had it not been there I’m not sure the image would have been better. I’m not sure why you can’t click for a larger version.

Duncan, the image you uploaded is only 640px by 480px, and at NPN you can upload images that are 1500px on the long side. Posting larger images helps people to give better critiques. You can also edit your post, delete your smaller image and re-upload a larger sized image if you want to do that.

I also agree that the light and framing are wonderful here. The light at the top of the falls is awesome, and what really makes this image work. In this image, the tree branches along the edge are darker than your prior post, and they are not as intrusive. So they work as framing elements. I like that you paid careful attention to the placement of that top branch as well. Overall this is a good image, and I much prefer it over your prior waterfall post. In this image the areas of light and shadow do a good job of direcikng the viewers attention.

Larger image

This rework belongs with your other post.

You can delete it here, and repost it back with the other image.

Better late than never. Sorry for the delay.