Waves in the Water

Reflections of the red roof of a neighbor’s dock and the blue sky create some fine patterns in the waves. I could wish for top to bottom sharpness, but there’s no way to get that with a long lens and modest (15-20 feet) working distance. I may try a slower shutter speed to see how having similar softness throughout works.

7D2, 100-400 IS II @ 400 mm, 1/500 s, f/11, iso 800, tripod

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Very cool abstract. Great patterns and color.

Mark, this one is extremely nice and a perfect fit for the WC theme of Abstracts. The total edge to edge coverage and the naturally scattered ripple pattern is as good as it gets. Heck, the lighting and the lack of overpowering glare ain’t bad either…:+1:

Fantastic color and patterns in this abstract. What I really like about it is the contrast between the textures of the two prominent colors in the image. Very cool!

The red and blue go nicely here, Mark. I think the sharpness being in the centre of the image is fine.

Hi Mark. You captured the design that is hidden in the patterns of the water and reflections, one which most would not see. The results are endless if you catch the right light and colors. You did that here.