Waves of gold

Last September, I had a great time sitting by a quiet pond shooting reflection abstracts. This view stands out for me because of the strong golden glow and how it contrasts with the dark shadows. Using a moderately fast shutter captures the shape of the ripples, rather than smearing them out.

7D2, 100-400 @ 400, 1/320 s, f/7.1, iso 400, tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Oh, very nice! The ripples have just the right amount of movement and I like the suggestions of the diagonal in the composition.

Just beautiful, Mark. I’m enjoying the ripples of color.

Mark,

Pure and stunning. I love this - right up my alley and wish it were mine.

I likely missed this as I don’t recall seeing before. But then again, my memory is fading with time…

Love everything about this.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Lon

Love this abstract image with all the flowing shapes, shadows and colors, Mark! Good eye to see the opportunities and an excellent job of capturing the light.

Mark, this is also one of my favorites of your reflection images from this year. The green/yellow hues convey a wonderful mood here. I am amazed by how sharp this looks for a single image at 400mm and f7.1, i would have assumed it was focus stacked to get this much DOF. Did you have a high vantage point above this pond instead ?