An oldie, re-worked

2007:04:03 20:09:55
105mm

Mode: Av
Metering: Spot
ISO: 200
White balance: Flash
Flash: Off

Sweet image, Sandy. the sky glow really makes the silhouette work well.

The great shape of the main tree is shown off very well by the colorful sky, Sandy.

This is a really nice image, Sandy. The silhouette is very effective against the colorful sky. Nice structure to the tree. The orange framing isn’t really grabbing me, but that is very much personal taste.

Wonderful old tree with lots of sweeping lines. It could be just me, but there looks to be some green in the sky surrounding the sunlit clouds. I agree with Harley about the orange frame. I think a 1 or 2px white line, or no border would be better.
-P

Nice scene, reminiscent of Halloween. Almost can envision a jack-o-lantern behind the tree with two glowing eyes! Love the twisty branches in silhouette.

Spooky! All you need is a owl, turkey vulture or vampire bat hanging in there somewhere!

Great color combo.

I really like this, Sandy! The shapes and textures are magnified by the back-lighting and the composition is nicely balanced. Good eye to see the opportunity and a good choice to keep the black silhouette rather than trying to rescue detail in the tree.

Pretty creepy. Lots of black in this one.