Sky with a Bit of Tree

We had some interesting clouds this morning, so I went out to see if I could get another tree image against them for this challenge. I ended up liking this one with mostly sky the best. Since I was emphasizing the clouds, I ended up going with black and white.

A great set of clouds, Dennis. The tree also looks good, but I’d sure like to see all of it. B&W works well here.

Dennis, the B&W really fits this one nicely. It looks like the lower level in the clouds might be blurred a bit from being on the move. It gives a bit more drama to the view. This particular tree seems to really fit the dramatic weather backdrop well. I’m not sure if you were restricted from including more of the tree here, but it works just fine for me in this case.

Beautiful dramatic sky. It is a fine looking tree to accent the sky, but I also would not mind seeing all of it. The processing on the conversion looks really good.

The conversion to B&W does a masterful job of showcasing the drama in the clouds, Dennis. I also like the details in the leafless tree although I would not mind seeing more of it. Anyway, nicely done.

Dennis,

Applauding for stepping out of the box a bit with this one. Of course I too would like to see more/all of the tree, but it’s clear your intention was this presentation and I think the tree provides some additional tension and interest to the scene, while still allowing the drama in the clouds to take center stage.

I’m pretty sure I would have missed the opportunity.

Lon

Thanks for all the comments. Oddly, I didn’t shoot any horizontals with the entire tree-I’m not sure why. I did shoot a bunch of verticals and here’s a mashed together composite of one of those and the horizontal I did shoot for all those who wanted the full tree.