WC#935 Monument Cove

This is a photo I’ve envisioned for a few years, but due to my advancing decrepitude I haven’t been successful yet i.e. blue hour FG and night sky. Maybe if I overdose on Osteo biflex and tylenol on my next trip to Maine, I can get er done.
The sky was taken on another day a 1/4 mile back down the road at Sand Beach. The FG at blue hour @Monument Cove.
No special processing. Just a select and mask and refine edge with the quick selection tool.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Michael, this is quite dramatic. The mimicry between the milky way and the big stone pillar works well. The details and subtle colors in the sky look good as doe the details in the land and that nice wave action.

BTW, it makes it easiest for me to compare posts and make my weekly pick for the week if you pick the WC tag appropriate for the current challenge. Thanks.

Michael: I have yet to dabble with astrophotography but all of these Milky Way images are making me want to join the club. Fine result here. I’ll send you some Tylenol coupons :wink:.

1 Like