WC # 919 Favorites

Hope you enjoy

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Great body of work Michael. You should be very proud.

Great photos and the scene you chose for the Milky Way is one of the best I’ve seen.

1 Like

Looks like a very successful year in photography for you, Michael. Thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed them.

This is an amazing group of photos, with such variety and quality. The quality of light in the misty pond in fall is just stunning and I would love to know how you processed it. I also love the Milky Way shot…the pointed trees and pointed rock on the right add so much. The lupines are also very pleasing, especially the field surrounding the tree. I like how natural your colors seem in all of these images. Superb!

A very nice collection of landscapes, Michael! They are all great but my favorite two are the milky way shot and the crashing waves! Looks like 2019 was good to you :slight_smile:

Excellent collection, Michael. They all are outstanding technically and in subject matter too. I really find the large tree surrounded by the field of lupine exceptional… :+1: :+1:

You certainly face a big challenge in in attempting to outdo yourself in 2020. I’m eagerly awaiting your posts in 2020. Excellent!

A gorgeous collection of images Mike, a year of images that you should be very proud of (including 3 shots from our NPN meetup in New Hampshire). My personal favorites are the first two. The night shot from Monument Cove is one of the best Acadia Milky Way images that I have ever seen anywhere, brilliant concept in this image. The bunchberry image is perfect, i love those water drops, and the arrangement of the three flowers. Keep up the great work in 2020 :+1: :+1:

A really good collection, Michael. Very enjoyable viewing! 2019 was good to you or you were good to it, or both. :slight_smile:

Fabulous work. I love the galaxy shot. Makes me want to take up dentistry.

An outstanding collection, Michael. I especially like the night sky shot and the giant splash. What a great way to open and close a fine showing.

Outstanding collection Michael! Love all of them and so hard to pick a favorite. I remember all except maybe the Milky Way image - which is fantastic!. Perhaps I’m a little partial to the autumn reflection in the pond. Sure turned out to be a great year for you and Ed!

Lon

I almost missed this one, Mike. I am glad I scrolled. The lenticular cloud image #3 is amazing. It creates such a 3D effect on the whole image. And then there is the golden water #7… so beautiful. The tapestry of colors on #8 is another very pleasing image. Cheers to a fantastic 2020!!

Mike,
This is an outstanding collection of images. I had the good fortune of being with you and witnessing these firsthand with the exception of the Monument Cove MW and the bunchberry. Hard to pick a favorite, but I am really enjoying the MW along with the wispy fog on Pearl Lake. Here’s to an excellent 2020 as well.

Thanks @Lon_Overacker, @Shirley_Freeman, @Ed_McGuirk, @Harley_Goldman, @Allen_Brooks, @Adhika_Lie, @Patricia_Brundage, @Kathy_Barnhart, @Gary_Minish, @Paul_Breitkreuz, @Jim_Gavin, @Mark_Seaver, @Matt_Gordon, @Ed_Lowe.
@Kathy_Barnhart, nothing special in the processing. I just hit “auto tone” in PS and then dodged the highlights in the trees.

1 Like

Thanks Kathy. Nothing special about the processing. I just hit autotone in PS. I’m not crazy about spending all my time in front of the computer processing when I’d rather be out shooting. Sometimes aututone is all I need. I always try it first. I then dodged the highlights in the trees to accent them a little more.

Holy cow! Thats quite a collection. Great work, inspiring. Looks like a hell of a year for sure!