It Was A Good Year

Well folks for better or worse, here are my favorite 10 images from 2019. After I had whittled down my favorites I noticed two things immediately. The first was that the majority were horizontals as it seems that is the way that I envision things now. Secondly was the fact that I am gravitating toward more extracting scenes from the grand landscape as I used the 35-70 and 80-200 much more instead of the 17-35. Anyway without further ado here they are in no particular order.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

What a beautiful collection, Ed. Number 3 and Number 5 are such pleasures to see. I really like how the pink flowers complement the entire scene. 2019 has proven to be very successful, wishing you an even better 2020!

What a wonderful and diverse collection Ed !!! It looks like you had a very productive year.

They are all good, but my favorite is the lupines, I was fortunate enough to be shooting with you and your brother that morning, and that is a sunrise that I will not soon forget.

A close second is the fern and pink flower image. I have come to favor these intimate small scenes, and this image is a great example of what one can do with small scenes. The colors, shapes and textures in the scene are outstanding.

Best wishes for more great images in 2020…

A really nice collection, Ed. It was a good photographic year for you. Hard to pick one, but I think the misty pond is my favorite among these.

Ed,
Thanks for sharing your beautiful 2019 collection. My favorites are #5 and #7 although it’s hard to choose from such a diverse group. Congratulations on another fine year!

Ed, it’s a lovely collection. Blackwater falls (#1) in winter is quite striking. #3, the New England fall pano is wonderfully inviting with it’s complexity at all levels. The final image is so invitingly restful. I’d hang a large version of that and spend hours looking.

Ed, A wonderful collection of beautiful images. I’ve enjoyed tremendously you and brother Michael’s images and travels in our new version of NPN. Fabulous work. No sense in trying to pick a favorite…

Looking forward to a banner 2020!

Lon

Outstanding selection of images to represent the past year. I like the 4 seasonal aspect of the images. Excellent color, comp, and subject matter in all. Forgot to mention B&W also. If I had to pick favorites, it would be the Sugar Hill pano, the Beaver Dam Pond, and the Blackwater Falls. Hope you keep them coming this year.
:vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

Ed, you along with your brother Michael have posted some truly outstanding images over the past year of 2019. The group of your favorite 10 listed here are a prime example of that fine work. Although my brother Tom accompanies me on many of my outings, he is not a photog. He is just along for the ride so to speak.
I will go along with Harley on the pick of the misty water and autumn foliage display… :+1: :+1:
However, for me it is more about the beaver hut being included in the scene as a bonus item. I’ve got a couple beaver hut scenes of my own and just appreciate and admire their contribution to our world of nature. I watched one for an hour or so repair a damn in Teton NP years ago, and it was a real kick for me being from the deserts of So Cal… :cowboy_hat_face:

quite a variety of excellent landscapes, Ed! Very different scenes from what appears to be very different locations and a full span of colors, from b&w to brilliant, multi-color fall scenes and everything in between! I’m particularly partial to the close-up pink flowers with the ferns and the scraggly spruce with the deep red underbrush (looks like maybe high bush cranberries?) that reminds me a lot of Alaska in the late fall. A fine collection! It looks like you had a good year.

I would like to thank @Adhika_Lie, @Ed_McGuirk, @Harley_Goldman, @Alan_Kreyger, @Mark_Seaver, @Lon_Overacker, @Michael_Lowe, @Paul_Breitkreuz and @Gary_Minish for taking a moment to check out my favorites for 2019. I hope everyone had a safe and joyous holiday and I hope everyone comes home with a multitude of images for the rest of us to enjoy in 2020. I would also like to thank NPN and the many photographers who have commented on my images over the past year and helped me grow as a photographer.
@Ed_McGuirk: It was an awesome sunrise and some great company.
@Paul_Breitkreuz: I hear you on watching the beavers work. Mike and I got to watch one for a period of time on Jordon Pond a few years back while it swam about collecting materials for it’s dam.
@Gary_Minish: Real close guess on the red brush as they are blueberries.