2020 Favorites

Description:

Here are a few more of my favorites from this year. I have to say that it feels strange not making trips to NH and ME this past June and October due to covid, but on the plus side it allowed me to explore WV a little more along with some other close locations that I always seemed to not to get to for one reason or another.

I hope everyone has a safe and joyous holiday. I would also like to take a moment to thank @David_Kingham and all the wonderful folks who make NPN such a special place! :+1:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite?
No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Nice collection, Ed, specially like the softness in #4 .Enjoy the Holidays

Ed, this is an excellent collection. The opening image, with the misty skyline in the distance could be the cover art for a novel, the falls view also stands out for me.

This is a great 2020 collection Ed. After seeing all these nice autumn images from West Virginia, you should not be missing New England too much. And think of all the driving you save :smile:

I am a sucker for well done waterfall images and #4 is my favorite of this collection. It has a great composition, and a wonderful autumn mood. The composition, fallen leaves and strong color elevate this beyond “just another waterfall portrait”. And I like the dynamic feeling in image #1, it is my second favorite. And my third choice is #5, the delicate pastel spring colors in this intimate scene are just lovely.

Very nice! That last image is really neat, I love the texture of the water (ice?) and the way the flower pops against the drab background colors.

Excellent, Ed. All of these are really good. I’m particularly fond of the first with the contrast between the high energy foreground and what appears to be a very serene background. #5 is my second favorite. I like the low key, undramatic beauty you portrayed.

Excellent collection, Ed! No real favorites for me as all are beautiful. Happy holidays!!!

Killer set Ed. Number 4 is a magical setting with beautiful fall colors and a perfect comp. My second favorite is number 2 with the robust textures and colors. That rock outcropping looks like a castle from afar built onto an impossibly steep hillside. Number 5 is my third favorite. It could easily be my favorite though. I love the soft, painterly look of this shot and again, perfectly composed. What a terrific year Ed. Well done!

Lovely set of images Ed, you had a productive year despite covid! I’m really enjoying the second to last image. Happy holidays!

Great collection of beautiful landscape (and one water lily) photos Ed. First image is by far my favorite with the wonderful colors and soft feel.

Super set of quiet images, I love the soft light and fall colors!!! Well done!

I’d like to thank everyone @Stephen_Stanton, @Mark_Seaver, @Ed_McGuirk, @Brent_Clark, @Dennis_Plank, @Harley_Goldman, @David_Haynes, @David_Kingham, @linda_mellor and @Keith_Flood for taking a moment to leave your thoughts; always appreciated. I wish I had been able to get out more; I am sure a lot of us feel that way; but all in all I came away with some images that I might not have gotten before covid. I am glad everyone enjoyed the images. Stay safe everyone and have a wonderful holiday season!

1 Like

Ed, this is an excellent collection. The water fall is my pick, but I also like the mood in No. 5 very much.

A nice collection, Ed! they are all very nice but I especially like #2 with the outcropping of rock in the midst of all those bright, colorful trees!

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought @Ola_Jovall and @Gary_Minish. I am glad you both enjoyed this grouping of my favorites for the year.
@Ed_McGuirk: I hear you on the gas and driving times. I have to give my brother @Michael_Lowe a shout out for this image as his camera was used. He was already set up where I wanted to be so I just asked him to grab me a shot while he was there. I just cropped and processed to my tastes.

A fine, outstanding set of images, Ed. My favorite is the Pendelton Point view with it’s lush colors, moody atmosphere and painterly look.