We can shine, even in dark places

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This water lily was in the shade, and yet the vibrant color of it just made it pop. I am in love with the color.

Specific Feedback

Background water plants…distracting?

Technical Details

1 Like

Striking. Love the colors as well. I’m okay with the plant in the RUC, seems to give some balance and context to the image, but I could see removing the plant in the LUC. A very pleasing image, well seen and photographed.

Very pretty. I’m not really bothered by either background plant. With a little imagination, one might fancy the plant in the UL is receiving a little reflection of the blue. Or is my imagination too vivid? :grin:

UL? I am not sure what that is. Its in a pond…in the shade. Morning light was just coming up. Imaginations can never be too vivid! :slight_smile:

upper left

lol. I’m such a dork. Upper left. Got it. It does look a tish blue and those water plants are somewhat of a greenish blue in color. So your imagination is spot on. Thanks!! :blush:

1 Like

Gorgeous! My only suggestion would be to try a crop of about 10% off the left. That would focus my eye more completely on the beautiful subject (with cool drops), which the right-hand plant balances, as @Allen_Brooks pointed out.

Great suggestions…thank you, I shall do that!