Weaver of Dreams

This Golden Orb Web Spider (Nephila clavata) is everywhere in Korea at the moment, many with huge webs supported by strands often several meters long. It’s fun to sometimes get a shot into the sun after the mist lifts around 9 am.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D7100 + 105mm macro 1/200 f20 ISO 400 (from 2016 so I forget the processing)

4 Likes

Awesome! Spider in the bokeh! Lovely capture!

Interesting capture, Mike. The bokeh feels as though it is the main event. In fact, at least for me, I wonder what the scene would look like without the insect?? A fun abstract image. The spider has great detail and a fascinating pattern, but IMHO it is overwhelmed by the background. Nicely seen and captured.

Mike: Well seen and captured. The bokeh is indeed pretty strong but I like it. I also really like the color and detail in the spider. Nicely done. >=))>

Mike, this is a nice capture of this spider. The bokeh, as mentioned, can be seen as a bit of distraction, but I think if you were to darken it, it wouldn’t look right, so I am good with it. It actually seems to “bend” in the shape of the spider, and I kind of like that. Nature doesn’t usually provide us with a studio setting, so we deal with what is dealt to us, and I think you managed it well.