Welcome To My Island

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was searching for a unique subject to photograph during a Yosemite photo workshop when I came across a cluster of grass flooded by the high Merced River.

Specific Feedback

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Taken with a Sony a7iv. ISO 00, f/8, 1/13 sec.
Processed in LR and PS

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

This is a wonderful intimate little landscape Barbara. I really like the sunny light on the grass and the crystal clear reflection in the water. This has a nice dark setting to show off the clump of grass nicely. Pretty work.

Hi Barbara, what a beautiful composition with very harmonious brown and greens! The line from the middle at the left side to the rightside under is a very good choise. A fast Rembrandtic light on the green grass.
I like your picture very much.

@Ed_Williams and @HennyJA, thank you both for your generous feedback. It’s fascinating to see that even grass can be an interesting subject.

Barbara: A good find and an even better comp and presentation. A scene many would pass by. Well seen. >=))>

Barbara, your “caterpillar” of grass is an excellent find, where it’s reflection adds something extra. Well seen.

@Bill_Fach and @Mark_Seaver thanks for your kind feedback. Mark, a caterpillar of grass–it took me a moment to catch on. :grinning: