Western Bluebird with breakfast for the kids

Just to the left is the bird house and I was pleased with myself for attaching this perch, which was much used. Morning light in the shade of oaks well up a hill, with some sun on a group of leaves in the BG. (Wish I could take credit for intentional placement, but I can at least take credit for moving around in the middle of the driveway to get the best angle.)

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, 100-500 + 2X, 1000mm, f/14, 1/200 sec, ISO 2500. Tripod. Minimal adj in LR, into PS for Topaz DeNoise. Minor touchup on bottom or perch, slight crop from bottom and a small amount added on top – equivalent of full frame.

Superb detail in the Bluebird, Diane, and a very nice pose. I’ve noticed when I’m out with the camera that the Bluebirds will pose quite a while before they go into the box with food. I often have to turn away to let them go feed. I’ve also gotten away with just putting up a convenient perch nearby rather than attaching it to the box.

Oh, Diane, this is superb. Love his pose, the perch he is on, the meal worm in his beak is a real plus, and then that very nice smooth background. Very nice. I shoot mine through the window. When I go outside, they fly away. I figure they have enough troubles with the Mockingbirds chasing them, so I try not to disturb them any more than I can help doing. Excellent shot. I hope you have room on your wall to hang this one.

Hi Diane
Very good technic with 2X, 1000mm, f/14, 1/200 sec and ISO 2500. The Bluebird looking very sharp and the color is right on. Nice work.
Peter

Thanks everyone! @Dennis_Plank, I was very worried about disturbing them and had set up my blind, but they are apparently used to us as the nest box is within 10 ft of the driveway and we walk up and down it a lot. So with some careful experimentation I found I could sit there, very still, with the camera on a tripod aimed at them, and apparently not bother them. The Acorn Woodpeckers were a major nuisance and I think my presence actually deterred them. If they raise another brood I will put up a second perch in addition, and I hope they do as the babies fledged while I was off shooting a Spotted Owl .

Hi Diane,

Nice and sharp and looks like you were able to control the noise as well. I like the image as presented…Jim