Western Bluebird

The post the bird was on was quite large, especially compared to the bird’s size, so I cropped off about a quarter of it.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II; Sigma 150-600 at 600mm; 1/1000 at f7.1; ISO 400 +2/3 EV

1 Like

Very nice, Allen. Good detail in the Bluebird and I like how you managed the composition with the oversized perch.

2 Likes

Exquisite color, detail, and background. I also enjoy the composition. Another possibility here would be to crop off perhaps 1/3 of the perch from the bottom. Just another way to look at it and nothing wrong with your crop; only a matter of preference or difference.

1 Like

Oh man that is gorgeous. The color and detail in the bird is fantastic, and I really like your comp.
This feels very much springtime! Nice.

1 Like

A very pretty bird. Nicely focused with lots of detail and a fine pose. I also like the composition and a good idea on cropping on the perch.

Allen, this is such a great shot of the bluebird. I like the composition really well. The background makes him stand out more. Your image is making me miss our bluebirds even more. They haven’t come back to nest this year. Maybe they are social distancing from us. :grinning:

What a beautiful bird, I wish we had them in this part of the world (Belgium :upside_down_face:). Personally I always prefer looking at a photo in 3:2 format so I’m wondering if you have space at the top of the original picture to do that? Anyway, that’s just me, lots of people like square too :blush:

1 Like