Western Bluebird and repost

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I like how the background works with the bird and perch.

Specific Feedback

Your thoughts are always helpful.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 TC at 700 mm; 1/1000 at f10, +1/3EV; ISO 1250

Awesome color palette, Allen. I don’t know if you can, but I think toning down the highlights on the bird and oak might improve the image a bit. There seem to be some small areas lacking in detail.

1 Like

I love the BG in this one Allen. The bird and branch do seem a bit bright and you could probably recover some of the details if you reduced the highlights selectively.

1 Like

Beautiful color, detail, and complementary background. I like the pose. Well done

wonderful detail and pose. Good color. I like the composition

Nice catch Allen. I like the slight head turn toward us. Nice background and the bird is well positioned on the top of the perch. I think darkening the image overall a tad would help.

1 Like

What beautiful color! It seems a little too bright, but otherwise a great shot.

1 Like

Thanks, @Dennis_Plank , @Ed_Williams , @David_Schoen , @Allen_Sparks , and @debbie_campbell for your comments and input. I’ve reposted the image, darkening the bluebird and flower.

2 Likes

I like the darker one!

1 Like

Darkening helped a lot, Allen. I do notice a couple of places, particularly around the head, where the selection wasn’t quite right and the darkening bled off into the background.