Western Blue Bird

Back in October I was hiking at Chip Ross Park and spotted a couple of Bluebirds and was able to get pretty close to this one and get a few poses, I think this was probably the best one.

Specific Feedback Requested

Is the crop ok? Anything else

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 400
300mm
f/6.3
1/1000
Cropped 50%
Adjusted highlights and sharpened by 1 pixel.

naturenessie
1 Like

Hi, Vanessa. This is a really nice look at this Bluebird. Nice pose, nice perch, and the bird is good and sharp. It’s a little on the bright side for me. I might have toned it down just a bit to bring out the rust in her breast, but that’s probably just my preference.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa. My comments pretty much echo Terry’s. The pose and composition work nicely. I think I’d bring down the brightness of the entire image a bit, but a very nice shot of the Bluebird.

1 Like

Brava! Such an alert pose. Like she can barely contain her stillness. The feathers blowing up is so cute. Agree on the brightness. If you can, reduce the bg more than the bird so she stands out a smidge. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks @terryb @Dennis_Plank @Kris_Smith
I brought down the overall brightness of the image by 50%…

2 Likes

Repost looks really good. Bird is nicely separated from the darker bg now. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa, I like the repost with the darker look. I like the composition with the bird overlooking its domain with an interesting but out of focus background. Bird doesn’t appear super sharp to me in the larger views but this is still a fine image.

1 Like

Repost is definitely much better. It is a tiny bit soft in the larger image. But it really pops well against the background which is what you want.

1 Like

The repost is much better, Vanessa.

1 Like