Western Bluebird

I had an opportunity to visit the Pine Siskin Ranch and experience an irruption of close to 100 Pine Siskin’s. This just happens to be Dennis Plank’s home in Southwest Washington. We spent the morning shooting together. I don’t get an opportunity to photograph Western Bluebirds in my neck of the woods which is only a 30 minute drive from the ranch. This was attracted to the feeding area by some live worms.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Iso-640, 500 mm PF, F6 .3, 1250th, D 500, handheld, no flash, 80% of full frame, partially overcast

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice looking bird, and an other-than-usual composition, with the bird looking ‘outside’ of the frame. It works well here though ! Cheers, Hans

I agree with Hans, David. A different composition, but it works. Makes me wonder what he was looking at.