Western Meadowlark #2

Original post 3 days ago was iso 800 and 17% of full frame. This is pushing is at iso 250 and 8% of full frame (5 out of 61 MP) I do like the light and the puffy pose. After posting it may be a tad oversaturated compared to the original tif image.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Not bad but a tad oversharpened.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 250, 400 plus 2X, f6.3, 2500th, A7R4, handheld.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Another nice look at the meadowlark. They seem to be such a wary bird and hard to get close to. I would say we get a better look at the detail in this one. Yellows seem a bit much but they really do pop when in direct sunlight. I might also have a look at a vertical on this one perhaps losing the dark shadow on left.

Hi David
The photograph looks great, color, detail and eye contact are right on. Question you started with a raster of 9504 by 6336 and ended up with 865 by 577 around 5 meg, how did you see the Meadowlark to focus on it. (one point of focus)? or does the A7R4 focus on everything that is in the full frame and when you crop down to 8%, it’s just there?
Peter

Birds are so cute when they fluff up their feathers and you got wonderful sharpness and detail to show it. I’m wondering about reducing contrast a little, if that would be successful with the bright sunlight.

Nice light on perch and bird, both pop against a complementary background.