What a difference the light angle makes. Need help on Id?

This two shots are taken with a light angle change of 45 degrees. The first shot, I was in front of the bird with the light coming in from behind, at a 45 degree angle. The next shot I move, so the light came in over my shoulder.
Witch angle produced the better photograph?
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 50-600mm, 600mm, F8, 1/1600, ISO 400, -.3EV. Both shots are cropped by 40 percent and I increased the exposure on the shaded portion of the birds breast, in Dxo PhotoLab 4.

I’d go with the second one for the nice singing pose of the song sparrow. Nice color and details.

Hi Peter. Song Sparrow, as noted by Allen. I’m fond of both images. The second is a classical image of a singing song bird, but I think I prefer the first that looks a little more conversational if that makes any sense.

Both images of this Song Sparrow are nice and they each have their own attributes. I enjoy the second for its pose and the first for the background.

Hi Peter. I think I prefer the second image, which seems a little sharper to my eye, but I do agree with others that both shots are very nice. For the first image, my only suggestion would be to maybe clone out (or crop out) the very small bright area in the bottom right corner. Otherwise, two excellent images!

Like them both Peter, I like the light in the first image catching the Song sparrow’s eye stripe and beak, good filed marks on both.