What could have been..... a wonderful image

Description: I made a trip to Bosque Del Apache last Thursday to try to clear my head from the tragic events at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.

Early in the morning I found a pair of coyotes. One was intent scratching the relatively thin ice in a very small pond. I thought it was pretty cool, so I decided I would video the action. I flipped my camera over to video and sadly, during that process lost accurate focus on the coyote. I think it was because I was shaking a bit. It was about 13 degrees F. Well… a REALLY bad time to loose focus as at that moment the coyote broke through the ice and pulled out a pretty large, nearly dead fish. The second frame here is a frame capture from the video when I relocked video focus. Obviously too late!!! Oh well, I was there, nature was kind to me that morning and I was outdoors…

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

You certainly have a good attitude about it, Keith. One could almost have a boot print where they sit after that one! Like you said, you were there and you experienced it. So glad you had the chance.

The first shot is excellent regardless, Keith. I feel for you. whenever I try video the camera decides it needs to refocus. Still, a wonderful experience.

Beautiful moment and wonderful experience ! Sometimes beauty is captured perfectly by mind’s sensor.

3 Likes

The first photo is excellent and there’s always next time. The first image shows how sharp the claws are on this coyote. It appears to know that it will get soaked for a delicious breakfast…Jim

Oh well… it happens. The first picture though is beautiful, I love the focus of the coyote, and the paws and claws action while fishing.

What a beautiful moment you got to watch! Coyotes are so beautiful!