Whatcha Doin’? & repost

I was lying on the ground to photograph this chipmunk in the grass and he came right up to me wondering what in the world was this person doing!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
300mm
1/800
f/6.3
ISO 800
Slight crop

Perfectly cute, perfectly focused. They’re one of my favorite subjects, too. They being kinda dim helps. The alert expression and pose is so enjoyable. Those ears! You could bump the saturation a little if you wanted and maybe lower the exposure on the grass in front and behind, but this works pretty well as is.

1 Like

A cute little rascal and you achieved a nice angle, Vanessa. Kris’ suggestions are good ones, I think. But nice enough, as is.

1 Like

I just love the imposing presence, great expressions and good techs !
As suggested, i t may benefit from boost in saturation.

1 Like

Hi @_Kris @terryb @JRajput ! Glad you like the little guy! Thank you for your feedback, I boosted the saturation a bit and tried adjusting the grass with hopefully not affecting the chipmunk. Does this look better?..

1 Like

Looks good to me! Natural.

1 Like

Hi, Vanessa. Yes, the repost is very nice. May I offer a suggestion? When you upload a repost, post it to your original post. In that way, a viewer can easily toggle back and forth between the two photos for comparison.

1 Like

Oh! I think I never realized how to do that and now I see there’s an arrow right there! So I would just go in and edit my own post, right?! @terryb

Hey @terryb ! I just tried doing your suggestion on a different post but it put it down to the bottom! I’m not sure what I did wrong?!:slight_smile:

I just edited my fox vs groundhog photo to make sure I’m telling you correctly. You must use the edit “pencil” at the bottom of your original post where the toolbar is displaying the number of replies, views, users, and likes. Click on “Edit” and a new window will pop up and you need to click on “Add an image”.

1 Like

Oh! OK, thanks! @terryb I was just using the arrow!

1 Like

Thank you, @JRajput!

Hi, Vanessa. Congrats on the editor’s pick!

1 Like