When it Rains it Pours

15 minute hike out my back door to this location in Southern Utah. Usually dry wash this time of year, a storm earlier this week dropped a good amount of rain over a couple of days. When things align, there are four waterfalls that happen at this location. I estimate one to be at least 800 - 1,000 ft. Very difficult to get a proper composition of all four and to show scale…still working on that one. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my polarizer in the bag but generally happy with this simplified image (after fighting the rain / mud to get it).

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

George, how lucky you are to have this so close to home. What a gorgeous spot.
This image is well done - lots to move the eye and good colors. I wouldn’t try to get all four waterfalls into the same composition unless it’s a good composition to begin with. Otherwise it’s just a frame with four waterfalls in it. With four waterfalls you’ve got four scenes to shoot and compose.

1 Like

George this is a wickedly cool image, well worth the effort of getting to your spot. Only suggestion I have is to maybe make the transition more gradual from the brighter FG to the darker BG by dodging the green foliage a little. Really is a beautiful scene.

1 Like

I like this a lot, George. The lines leading the eye through the image are great. While the trees might be considered an interruption to the flow of the image in some cases, in this instance, they feel more like a nice little resting place before the eye proceeds on to the rest of the image. Very well done.

1 Like

This looks like the area Gary used to live and a fine view this is. I would be inclined to pull the cyan cast out of the water, but no other suggestions. Great to live so near so pretty a place.

1 Like

Yosemite would be jealous. Very nicely composed image. The reds, even with the wet sandstone, seem a bit vibrant.

1 Like

Thx for the feedback!

George,

Outstanding image! The comp is fabulous. Love everything about this. Well, except for Harley’s suggestion - would agree about the cyan in the water - especially the falls up top. Easy fix.

Lon