White Breasted Nuthatch

Taken in Southern California in the mountainous areas east of the coastal region. Their range does not include Puget Sound currently even though we have areas of similar habitat. We do get Red Breasted Nuthatches here.

Specific Feedback Requested

I wish the perch was in better focus.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iso 2000, 400 plus 1.4X, f6.3, 2000th, 50% full frame.

2 Likes

It might be my internet, David, but it’s not opening the larger image for me. I really like the pose and composition on this one and the perch looks good at this scale.

What Dennis said… From the thumbnail, I’d be inclined to crop some of the negative space on the left, halfway to the bird. Love the perch!

Hi David
Lovely looking Nuthatch but I also can not open the photo up. 3 for 3.
Peter

do not know what happened with size…

Hi David: Sometimes it seems to take the site longer to load the large image and it you go off the page it seems like it quits trying. You’ll see it kind of disappear and come back usually in just a few seconds after you’ve posted and then it’s fully loaded. Sometimes I’ve had to wait a minute or so and sometimes I’ll delete it and reload it. Not sure what’s happening but others have had the same thing happen occasionally, so I think it’s the site or the site host just being too busy right then.