White Ermine in the Snow

Fun trying to track these fast moving little critters in the snow. Thank goodness he/she captured a meal to provide something to add contrast for the AF system to use

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Keith, I like your choice of composition. It’s nice to see some of the pristine environment surrounding this subject, to give an even better sense of how well it blends in.

Such a wonderful catch - for both of you! I’ve only photographed one of these one time and it was scavenging, not hunting. What a treat. Terrific job with the varying white tones. The little paws are so endearing even if it’s a bit gritty in theme. Wish there was a little more detail, but it’s pretty darn great.

Keith, great shot. These little guys are hard to find and even harder to shoot. They are quick and fast. Nice job separating all the whites.

Good one, Keith. I like Kristin’s line, good catch for both of you.

A fine catch, Max, with the leaping weasel and the snow flying from it’s feet adding to the drama of the black catch, black eye and black tail tip.

Terrific high key image Keith. I can’t imagine how hard this was to focus on and get a sharp image. Lucky for you, there was a nice dark meal involved to help you both out. The front paws in the air out of the snow adds a lot to this image as does the flying snow she’s running through. Great capture.