Wine glass

D3400 ISO 400, aperture 1.8, fl 50mm, Exposure 1/8 sec, one continues studio light

What technical feedback would you like if any?

all feedback

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

all feedback

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
all feedback

how can this be better ?

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A very nice idea and quite well executed but I would like to see more space all around especially the whole goblet. The background is a bit busy, also. Perhaps by placing something of one color or the like.

thanks Jim … very helpful

A very interesting experiment Michael. Excellent depth of field and focus. My impression is the same as Jim’s. A bit more room and a solid color background would work better for this.

Very creative!
Ditto the comments of Jim and dennis.
Not sure this is Flora - the glass is the focus, imo, and that would be non-nature. Moderators?
Sandy

I like the concep too. Aside from the above, I would consider two other things:

1. Can you control (reduce$ the bubbles on the glass?
  2. Can you position the flower more intentionally to dial in its portrait?

I would love to see more of these. Kudos on the idea!
ML

Thanks Marylynne and Sandy, yes I can dilute it with water to lower the bubbles, it is just sparkling water with food coloring, it wasn’t a very pretty flower to begin with I think I will try again with a small rose bud, I used three picture hanging hooks and chewing gum to hold it under then cloned them out. It was a frustrating shot to get before my wife came home to see the mess I made Lol, the background is our stainless refrigerator,.I will be more prepared next time and I will post the results :blush: I was stabbing the flower with a spoon and tapping the glass to try and control the bubbles :joy:

thanks Dennis

Michael: I’m late to this party and really don’t have anything to add but I hope you continue to try this kind of image and incorporate some of the suggestions. Great idea. >=))>

Thanks Bill, I intend to continue to play with this, next time I will think it threw better … I spent more time thinking of the idea " not that long " than I spent taking the photo Lol

I somewhat agree with the other critiques. More room is good , especially to include the base of the goblet. I’m going to swim against the current on the BG—I quite like it, although I would like the very bottom less in focus, or even remove the thick black bar.

thanks Phil