Winter by Chester

I always find clean fresh snow scenes fascinating.
Unfortunately this one did not have any light. The clouds were interesting textured as the sun was peaking through but generally the place remained overcast.
While this was not really fresh snow i think it was almost 1.5-2 m deep and people don’t venture off trail to avoid postholes so it keeps the fresh look.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony a7iii with Tamron 17-28 @17mm
F11
ISO 100

@arefalragehi
2 Likes

Great photo, the contrast came out very well. Snow sceens can be tricky

Aref, the whiteness of the foreground snow stands out well (and is well handled with just hints of texture). It contrasts very nicely with the grey clouds for a fine heavy snow scene.

1 Like

I’m with you on fresh snow. It’s so inviting and takes on so many interesting characteristics. Good that people leave it alone so you can get shots like this. If it were mine, I’d try a tiny bit of burning and/or dehaze right along that ridge in the snow where the contour shows. It could add some interest and depth. I also feel the sky is a bit over-done and dramatic. Maybe emphasizing the shape in the snow can balance it. What a great place to be out to enjoy. I can practically feel the air (it’s 17 below here now).

1 Like

Aref,
I hear you on the freshly fallen snow as it just seems to impart a pristine cleansing mood to the natural world. The whites look really nice in this scene and I like the leading line with the little line in the snow bank. I think this would also make for a nice B&W.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback all
I tried it in black and white and emphasized the creek a bit
I have to say though i am loving the color version more, the blue tint just gives a cold feeling contrasted with the live / hope giving ever green color makes the ahot