winter dance

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Can you sense/feel the wet, sloppy snow?
Do the snow laden tree branches evoke gesture and feeling?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

These tree branches seemed to be engaged in an intricate dance.

Technical Details

Nikon d850 with Nikkor 70-200 f.2.8 at 200mm on tripod
1/250 sec; f/11; ISO 1000; manual

Specific Feedback

Is the image aethetically pleasing?
Does it convey a story?

You made a beautifull snowpicture! I like the naturel colors, the vertical lines of the trees and the brown of the tree trunks. I wish we had snow here to make such pictures.
You ask if I feel the sloppy snow and the feeling of the snow laden branches. You have chosen to use a small aperture, so the whole picture is sharp. It is the choise you make. The branches as well as the trunks are even important.
If you had chosen a larger aperture, the branches inthe front would be the most important and the trees were a bit blur. Maybe the feeling of the sloppy wet snow came tot the for more.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion.