Winter Dunes

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Crop apart, what would you say about this capture?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

An area of sand dunes on the North Sea coast of the Netherlands on an early winter day. I was struggling to find compositions but liked the way the sinuous cloud filled the space between the trees and how the light dusting of snow added interest to the scene.

Technical Details

Nikon Z5, 24-75 f2.8 zoom @ 36mm, ISO 140, f/22, 1/40 sec

Specific Feedback

This was one of my digital greetings cards from last year - would you have enjoyed receiving it?

This works nicely, Bill. I like the upward look and the cloud in the background is perfect. You could have asked for a bit more snow though :grin:

Beautiful image. I really like your composition, the angle of the hill, the placement of the clouds. I would like to see the shadows lifted a bit. The sky and the dusting of snow definitely help with the “Seasons Greetings” feel.

Gina