Winter light

Went a late winter hike on a section of the Bruce trail that was new to me. Found this lovely grouping of trees with some soft shadows. Lucky to have taken this image just a couple of weeks ago.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/1000, f/8, 200mm on full frame, handheld.

@bryannelsonca
4 Likes

Nice one. Good proportion of shadow to tree. These are some of my favorite shots to compose and find.

A classic!! I love the composition! My only tiny nit is that I would clone out the white area in the UL corner. Once I see it I can’t quit looking at it.

1 Like

Thanks, for the feedback. I may consider refining this image a bit more and cleaning up the snow in a few places and consider toning down the UL corner. This images have very minimal processing in LR for tweak to white balance and a bit of contrast. It a very recent image and it fit well with the challenge.

Bryan, the undulating horizontal shadows compare and contrast very well with the undulating tree trunks. The semi-soft light works very well. 1/4 down from the upper right corner is a darker circle that may be a dust spot. The little “twig” sticking out near the base of tree 3 is good for a big grin, a fine photographic “cookie”.

@Mark_Seaver thanks for catching that. I need to do some more cleanup work.

Here is image reworked with a few of the suggestions. Cleaned up a few spots, darkened the UL corner and sharpened slightly the middle tree which is a bit out of the plane of focus.