What technical feedback would you like if any? ALL…ANY

What artistic feedback would you like if any? ALL…ANY

Canon EOS REBEL T2i
EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

1/50th, f/10, ISO 200, 15mm

Thanks for looking!

Jim
Louisville

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I like the concept here, Jim, and the crop works well. I do think the saturation could use some tweaking, especially the reds in the trees, and the reds and blues/cyans in the reflection.

If you can, select on the reflection and work on the contrast; it’s a little stark .

I like the composition and the detail in the trees.
–P

I like the color and light here. Very nicely balanced. I also like the abstract quality of this and could see cropping the sky to make it even more about tree shapes. But this also looks very nice as is.

Jim,

Excellent! I think this may be the best you have posted to date. Keeping the comp simple with the repeating pattern of the trees and their reflection work beautifully.

The only suggestion I have will echo Preston’s comments about the color in the tree tops. Looks more magenta to me, but there is definitely a color shift in those upper branches. some times it’s as easy as adding a hue/sat layer and dropping the saturation on a specific color channel.

I like the warm light contrasted with the nice blues in the sky and reflection.

Lon

I agree that your compositions are improving. This a fairly good comp, although not very original. The strong color approach is different. I would raise the blacks a bit to provide information in those trunks. I would also crop out the sky making this more abstract.

Jim, I like this photo a lot. My only suggestion is that if it were my photo I would selectively darken the small bushes/grass just to the right of center in the water so that the eye isn’t drawn there.