Sunset at Reelfoot Lake

After a day of shooting wildlife, the sun set with us behind this cypress tree creating a nice leading line.

Canon 7D2, 24-105mm F4L
ISO 100, f9, 1/320s, hand held from boat

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I’m not sure this quite works for me. The tree’s silhouette merges with the background silhouette and the sun’s rays breaks down the outline of the tree’s silhouette. The water came out nice though.

That tree is very photogenic for sure but I agree with Igor’s critique on this,Allen. This place looks like a wonderful place to explore though.

I will echo @Igor_Doncov and @Adhika_Lie comments. This place looks like it has a lot of potential so I would surely keep working it.
:vulcan_salute:

Allen,

I love the water and the vertical reflection of the setting sun. Yeah, too bad the cypress is merging with the land in the bg, but at least there is a good portion of the canopy silhouetted against the sky.
I like the last of day’s highlights in the tree as well.

The patterns in the water are quite wonderful. If anything, I might crop half way in from the left (to the tree) and create a pano vertical that emphasizes the reflection and water patterns; and perhaps even mitigating the merged tree. Maybe a slight crop off the top as well in the process since there isn’t much being added up top.

Lon