Taken on Winter solstice last monday in the Columbia Gorge
Winter in Oregon.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D610, 24-70 @ 36mm, polarizer.

1 Like

Hey @Dan_Kearl,

This image looks like an impressionist paiting, very gorgeous. Even with the ligth a bit flat the image is very appealing with a lot of interesting details.
I would just remove that small brown branch on the lower left area. Other than that i would change nothing.

Thanks for sharing,
Cheers

This is very nicely done, Dan. I am enjoying all the details in the treeline when I opened the large version. This has a nice sense of place with the trumpeter swans lounging around on the river. My only suggestion would be to cclone out the OOF branch along the bottom edge towards the LLC. This is so peaceful and contemplative.

This one does have a very nice painterly look to it and it is very peaceful and quiet scene. I would agree about cloning the brown branch and white area (not sure what it is) coming up from the bottom on the left.

Dan, this does have a nice painterly feeling to it. It’s amazing how much color the Columbia Gorge has even in winter. It’s also nice to see some recovery of nature after the devastating fire a few years ago. The swans and the mist do a great job of balancing the composition, and telling a nature story. I’ve only been to the Columbia Gorge twice, is this one of the named waterfalls, or is it an ephemeral one ?