Winter willow

This was a willow tree during the recent snow. I particularly like the glints of yellow foliage in the mostly monochrome image

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Eduard,
I like the diagonal lean of the willow as I find it adds a little visual tension to this lovely winter scene. The ice/snow covered strands are very striking as are the bits of yellow you already mentioned. Really beautiful job on this.

Wow, that is a nice, icy portrait of a Willow tree. Well done Eduard.

This feels very well composed. The hints of yellow are a nice detail. The lean of the willow helps convey a sense of effort to get through the winter.

Classically beautiful!! The bits of yellow are wonderful!

I really like how well balanced this composition is, I like that you have more spacing on the top and bottom than you do on the sides. This tells a nice winter nature story, and the little bits of yellow are the icing on the cake. You certainly had a very productive time during your recent storm, this might be my favorite of the bunch.

Willows, for me, have always been a different type of a tree. They somehow look less wild than other members of our wilderness world. In this case the tree looks like a woman’s wet hair when coming out of the shower. This is indeed a beautiful tree made more beautiful by its suggestive grace.

Thanks. Yes I go through cycles of creativity and this storm was serendipitous for me

The fact that you ventured out into the storm speaks volumes! And I certainly like the composition, nicely balanced with the diagonal tree stem!