Winters Light 3

In a very small area with no snow, rare here in PA today, and just a light coating of ice (actually embedded) were these leaves. The flow of the leaf veins highlighted by the winter light drew me in.

Specific Feedback Requested

composition and processing

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
@ 20 mm, f/4.9, 1/80, iso 50

This is a pretty cool image Mario (no pun intended) and I can see why you were attracted to it. There are a lot of smooth flowing lines here and the ice has created an abstract effect on the leaves. B&W was a good choice as it allows the viewer to concentrate on the tones and shapes. Thanks for posting!

It’s an interesting abstract, and it works very well in B&W. Needs to be seen large to be fully appreciated. There is a lot going on here, but it all hangs together well, the overlapping layers creates some depth. My only nitpick is that I’m not sure I like the dark patch at the top center. Maybe a very slight crop from the top would help to reduce the size of that patch.

Thank you @Jim_Lockhart @Ed_McGuirk for your comments. Ed, i am re posting

with a small top crop as I agree with you and had already cropped in the original post because of that area.

This one works really well for me Mario! It’s an abstract that sucks your eye in and invites it to explore all those shadows. At full size, it seems quite soft. I don’t know what the original affords you, but I think it would be even better if it was crystal sharp.